When you’re looking for a dream vacation home at a favorite location, or you crave a seasonal getaway, or tiny homes are tempting, consider a Forest River Salem Destination Trailer.
When it comes to traveling and camping, planning can only take you so far. As you probably already know, accidents and emergencies can happen anytime and anywhere, and we want you to be prepared. Here are 5 Emergency Accessories you should have for your next RV trip.
- Road Hazard Kit – Before you even get to your destination, there’s a good chance you’ll have to do a bit of driving. Don’t let your trip get ruined by an unexpected bump in the road. Make sure you have a road hazard kit, complete with jumper cables, tow rope, tire repair, flashlight, etc. You can purchase these items separately or as a kit.
- Roadside Assistance Plan – While it’s not technically an “accessory,” having a good roadside assistance plan designed specifically for RVs could really come in handy. These plans can pay for towing, lodging during repair, flat tires, etc. RV roadside assistance plans are offered by most of the top insurance companies including Good Sam, AAA and more.
- Emergency Food Kit – Bad weather, power outages, a flat tire, you name it. There are many reasons why you may not get to your camping destination as planned, and you’ll have an RV full of unhappy people if you didn’t think ahead. Pack an emergency food kit with high-calorie bars, drinking water, and non-perishable snacks that can get you through a long day (or two).
- Emergency Lighting – What’s worse than breaking down on the side of the road? Breaking down in the middle of the night with no lights. Make sure you pack flashlights, light sticks, emergency candles, and lanterns so you can get your RV repaired as quickly as possible. These will also come in handy if there’s ever an outage at the campground, or you just want some mood lighting out by the campfire.
- Hand-Crank/Solar Radio – A portable radio may seem silly when you can get all the information you need on your phone. However, you may not always have a phone signal while you’re driving on back roads, and it’s important that you’re aware of any bad weather coming your way. You can also opt for a battery-powered radio, but make sure you have spare batteries on hand.
Hopefully you’ll never have to use any of the emergency equipment in your RV, but if you do run into some trouble on the road or at the campground, you’ll be glad you were prepared. To prevent any potential (non-weather related) issues, make sure your RV is in great condition before every long road trip. Do a thorough walk-through of your unit, or visit the service department at Crossroads Trailer Sales to let the experts help you out. If you eve get caught in a sticky situation, call our roadside assistance team at 856-697-4497 and we’ll come to you.
Crossroads Trailer Sales is the #1 RV and Trailer Dealer in New Jersey Since 1988. Keep checking our blog for the latest RV news, featured units, tips and tricks, and more! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest too.
American made with quality construction and great value, Shadow Horse trailers are the perfect choice for serious horse enthusiasts, whether it be a luxury living quarters or a simpler bumper tow model.
Shadow is the leading manufacturer of aluminum horse trailers in the U.S., keeping the winning edge by incorporating exciting new features such as extra large rear tacks, sliding mid tacks, and large bus windows for extra ventilation and comfort in larger trailers.
Shadow Stablemate horse trailers feature lightweight and durable all-aluminum frames, interlocking aluminum floors, one piece aluminum roof and all aluminum exterior walls – all for the same price as comparable steel body trailers.
Be it living quarter models, goosenecks, bumper pulls, slant or straight loads, you can count on Shadow quality and innovation. Built and designed “for horse people, by horse people,” Shadow Trailers look for design innovation that focuses on quality, safety and affordability.
Introduced in 2006, larger living quarter Shadow Horse Trailers feature Easy Glide Slide Out Living Quarters, which add more living space while keeping the trailers affordable.
The Sliding Mid Tack features added storage space without the cost of a traditional Mid-Tack trailer. The 24-inch Sliding Mid Tack, which pulls out from the trailer, allows horsemen to comfortably reach over 900 lbs of gear without entering the trailer.
The extra large rear tack options give you unprecedented storage choices. Available in 7ft and 8ft trailers, you can open a collapsible tack wall to work out of your trailer or relocate the saddle racks into the tack stall poles.
Standard on 7ft and 8ft wide trailers are curb-side extra-large drop down bus windows and large street-side slider windows. These large windows ensure healthy, comfortable ventilation for your horses. Also available are tail-side drop windows, if more ventilation is needed.
The same high-quality construction and features including, rear door and escape door locks, white lined ceiling and horse vents, LED lights and stainless steel hinges, drop-down feed windows, folding rear tack area, and spring return and gate adjustment on gates, are available across the Shadow horse trailer line.
Shadow manufactures a complete line of living quarter trailers, with components manufactured in the U.S., as well as storage-rich goosenecks for transporting up to six horses. But, perhaps nowhere is the quality and value of the Shadow horse trailer more evident than in the bumper tow straight load models in Stablemate and Pro Series models.
Stablemates offer the durability, safety and construction of steel trailers, but are much lighter and easier to tow. The practical Stablemates are loaded with quality features at an affordable price.
Like the stablemate models, Shadow’s Pro Series models are the trailers of choice for thousands of equine enthusiasts and sportsmen, including Hall of Famers like Austin Shepard, Jody Galyean, Randy Wilson, Tom Lyons, Kobie Wood and clinician Pat Parelli.
Shadow Pro Series trailers are constructed with all aluminum tube framing and aluminum skin. Spring Leak axles, electric brakes, and Goodyear tires make for a safe, smooth ride. The rear gate and front escape doors feature a one key-one lock system.
The horse area is fully lined and insulated with 42-inch wide stalls and easily removable padded dividers. Each stall includes two tie rings, large drop feed windows and floor mats. Dress rooms include a fixed slant wall, saddle racks provisions, bridle hooks, floor mats and dome and porch lights.
With bumper pulled trailers sized for Thoroughbreds or Warmbloods, with and without dress rooms, there is a Shadow horse trailer to fit every need. See the quality and value of Shadow horse trailers at Crossroads Trailer sales, where the experts can help you find the perfect Shadow for your needs
Crossroads Trailer Sales in Newfield is NJ’s #1 RV and Trailer Dealer. Have a trailer that needs repairing? Call (856) 697-4497 or visit our service department to make sure your horse trailer is in top-condition. Happy Camping!
Camping in the Fall is not only beautiful, it can also be a great time to enjoy some special rates from all your favorite campsites. But don’t worry, you don’t have to look far. We’ve researched some campgrounds that will offer you a great rate for your upcoming camping trip! Continue reading to learn more: Continue reading